Elkai Club Rule's & Documents
- ALL KARATE STUDENTS MUST BE IN POSSESSION OF A FULL LICENCE AT ALL TIMES
- Bow – always when entering and leaving the Dojo floor. This is to show respect for your training area and your Sensei.
- Students must be on time for every training session.
- Always line up for class quickly and quietly, in order of grade (belts).
- There must be no talking between students when training is in session.
- You should use the term ” SENSEI” when addressing an instructor.
- You should use the term “SEMPAI” when addressing a senior student to yourself.
- Your karate suit (gi) must be clean, in good repair and worn at all times, it should always display your club or association badge.
- Where gi’s cannot be worn you would only be permitted to train in club strip (track suit or t-shirt).
- A kit bag should be used for equipment and full kit (pads, mitts, belts, gum shields, and guards) this must be brought to each training session.
- All kit items should be clearly labelled with the students name.
- No jewellery is to be worn in any training sessions. Jewellery, watches, etc, can cause injuries and or get damaged if not removed. Your club will not be held responsible.
- Keep your finger and toenails short and clean to prevent injury while training.
- Make sure you keep the Dojo clean and ensure all rubbish is properly disposed of.
- You must not chew gum during any training sessions. This is a safety precaution.
- Control your emotions! Do not lose your temper!
- Respect everything and everyone in the Dojo.
- Always practice in a safe and respectful manner.
- When required you will be expected to represent your club at events such as competitions, exhibitions, displays, etc as part of your course. This will be monitored and count towards your grading.
- Fees must be paid at the beginning of each month or term and no later than one week after. Towards your grading.
Elkai Club Questions & Answers
You do not need a lot of room to be able to practice karate at home, it can be done in your living room, bedroom or hallway! All you need is the will and determination.
Q – WHAT ARE THE RULES I NEED TO FOLLOW
A – There is a clear list of club rules we would like you to familiarise yourself with before hand. These can be found above.
Q – WHAT SHOULD I WEAR FOR A BEGINNERS CLASS?
A – Loose clothing such as a T-shirt, Jogging or Track suite bottoms.
Q – WHAT SHOULD I BRING WITH ME?
A – Bring a drink of water to rehydrate when permitted to do so. The beginners class will be done in a fun and enjoyable way guided by your instructor.
Q – WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN I ARRIVE AT THE CLASS?
A – You will be greeted by the clubs secretary or the club instructor and you will be asked to fill out a club enrolment form if not already done. Once this has happened the beginners class will start. All the moves will be nice and easy step by step broken down and explained so everyone can follow.
Q – HOW LONG IS THE BEGINNERS CLASS?
A – Most of the beginner classes will run for 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the age and understanding so as not to confuse the beginner at first.
Q – CAN I TRAIN WITH MY CHILDREN?
A – Yes you can train and learn alongside your children in the same class when appropriate.
Q – COULD I OR MY CHILDREN START KARATE WITH A SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEED?
A – Yes karate can really help relax and focus the mind.
Q – DO I HAVE TO BUY THE KARATE UNIFORM AFTER THE FIRST LESSON?
A – No you wont be asked to buy the karate uniform (Gi) immediately, this can be done once you know you want to carry on with the karate classes.